“So the Universe is not quite as you thought it was. You’d better rearrange your beliefs, then. Because you certainly can’t rearrange the Universe.”
– Isaac Asimov
We can either correct
cover our errors.
We can either expand
shrink in our knowledge.
We can either embrace
run away from the fear.
When you find that the Universe is not quite as you thought it was, you are faced with a dilemma:
You can either rearrange your beliefs
rearrange the Universe.
01. We often possess beliefs about the Universe that are wrong.
02. We can change our beliefs.
03. We cannot change the Universe.
04. If we are learning, our understanding of the Universe will constantly be changing.
05. Life is a never-ending process of restructuring our schema.
06. Cognitive dissonance is to be expected in this process.
Discovering ourselves to be wrong isn’t something we should feel shame or fear for.
To err is human.